Future of Manufacturing: Practical steps for SMEsMember News
Register today for Future of Manufacturing on 19th November 2019 to take part in our practical sessions and learn more about how the MTC can support SME manufacturers.
About the event:
Join us on 19th November 2019 to take part in our interactive workshops and learn more about the new technologies available for SME manufacturers.
The day aims to help SMEs understand the future of manufacturing and how productivity improvements and new technology can support each other.
The programme of interactive workshops cover the following key areas:
- This session aims to demystify industrial digitalisation whilst providing an overview on the MTC’s approach to supporting manufacturers on their digitalisation journey.
- Additive Manufacturing has many potential benefits for manufacturers, from reduced tooling costs to quicker speed to market. At this event, the MTC will demonstrate how to start with Additive Manufacturing and how the MTC can support SMEs.
Robotics and Automation
- The MTC supports companies with the adoption of robotics and automation from understanding your process, helping you select appropriate technologies and suppliers to assisting with cultural and business change. Join us to learn more about starting your journey with robotics and automation.
Skills and Training
- Get an insight into the apprenticeship scheme, further education and life-long training courses available from the AMTC.
- The MTC's Manufacturing Support Services team support SMEs in becoming more efficient and productive. Join this session to find out more and improve your quality, cost and delivery performance.
09:30 - Registration / Networking / Exhibition
10:30 - Welcome to the conference
10:40 - Keynote speech
11:15 - Refreshments
11:30 - Practical workshops / tour of MTC
12:15 - Practical workshops / tour of MTC
13:00 - Lunch
14:00 - Practical workshops / tour of MTC
14:45 - Practical workshops / tour of MTC
15:30 - Closing remarks
16:00 - Conference close
This event is free to attend, but registration is essential. We only have limited places available, so book early to avoid disappointment. Delegates will be provided with food and refreshments throughout the day and free parking is available on site.
Please note: If you would like to attend a tour of the MTC workshop, you MUST bring photographic ID on the day. This is a security measure and is required in order for you to gain access to the MTC building. This should be in the form of a valid UK passport or driving licence.
Due to MTC security requirements, we require a minimum of 20 working days to allow entry for Russian and Chinese nationals.